Qualitative Fit Test (QLFT)
QLFT is pass/fail and relies on the user’s senses using one of four test agents:
- Isoamyl acetate (banana smell); only for testing respirators with organic vapor cartridges.
- Saccharin (sweet taste); can test respirators with a particulate filter of any class.
- Bitrex® (bitter taste); can also test respirators with particulate filters of any class.
- Irritant smoke (involuntary cough reflex); only for testing respirators with level 100 particulate filter
Each QLFT method uses seven exercises performed for 1 minute each:
- Normal breathing.
- Deep breathing.
- Moving head side to side.
- Moving head up and down.
- Bending over (or jogging in place if fit test unit doesn’t permit bending at the waist).
- Normal breathing again.
Kaien Safety is the a One-Stop shop for all safety related services (and products), we have the capacity to train, consult or even manage your safety requirements at your job site. Our courses also offer real life tools for real life situations, taught by industry-based instructors who have real life experience at our training facility in Prince Rupert.